In a recent ROI Research Inc. study, which focused on people who use the mobile Web at least weekly, found more than half (57 percent) use the mobile Web more than once/day, with more than three quarters (77 percent) using mobile search more than five times in the last month.
SHOCKER #1: New research finds 84 percent of respondents on mobile Web use the search option on their phone to find retailers
Overwhelmingly adoption of mobile search rang true throughout the study:
• 75 percent said mobile search makes their lives easier
• 63 percent said access to mobile search has changed the way they gather information
• 32 percent said they use mobile search more than search engines on their computers
People embrace mobile search in many areas of their lives. Use of mobile search at home topped the list with 81 percent reporting evening use, 80 percent reporting weekend use and 59 percent reporting use before work. Another 61 percent reported using mobile search at work. Respondents also revealed dual screen multi-tasking, reporting at least occasional use of mobile search while watching TV (66 percent) or using the computer (45 percent).
SHOCKER #2: “49 percent have made a mobile purchase in the last six months”
• 84 percent look for local retailer information (phone, address, hours)
• 82 percent find online retailers
• 73 percent find a specific manufacturer or product Website
• 71 percent learn about a product or service after seeing an ad
• 68 percent find the best price for a product or service
• 63 percent search before purchasing offline in a store or from a catalog